HIDE your face (kyonomiko) wrote,
HIDE your face

  • Mood:


Two hospital scares in on Christmas. This has got to be a new record. :(

I had to drop Senpu off at the emergency vet today. When we opened Christmas presents, I was very careful to put all the wrapping paper, etc in a box right away so that even if we didn't throw it out, the damned cat could not get to it.

I sat down about an hour ago for some lunch, and heard some weird crunching behind me, so I turned around and yelled at the cat so I could see what he had in his mouth. He bolted, so I knew he was in somthing he wasn't supposed to be in. I couldn't find anything that he would have been chewing on, though. He settled back down and started crunching again, so I tried to catch him. He bolted, but I saw a glint of gold& red plastic ribbon in the corner of his mouth as he ran off. I chased after him to try to grab him, but he was too fast... and ran under the guest bed. I got the flashlight and saw him swallow the last bit of ribbon....

When I called the vet, they said I had to make him throw up ASAP, so I did it the only way I knew how. I fed him a shitton of tuna. It did the trick. He was so greedy that he ate it all way too fast and then puked... but there was no ribbon... so I had to rush him to the vet.

They made me drop him off and said they'd call. I brought him right away, so I was hoping they could just look down his throat and grab it, but they're probably going to have to operate. I'm thinking the peice was about 6 inches long... so if it got impacted, he would die. I'm so worried about him I was bawling the whole way home. Now I just have to sit around and wait for the vet to call

Edit: There was still no word from the vet, so I called them. Apparently they're really busy, and the vet hasn't even looked at him yet. I've been pacing around the house worried sick while I left him there at the vet scared out of his mind and unhappy, and his situation hasn't even been assessed yet. I don't know why they told me to bring him down right away. I thought it was because there would be more non-surgical options if I bright him in immediately after he'd ingested it. I'm not feeling too good about my vet right now. I just want Senpu back home... but now I'm worried that he's going to get seriously sick and not get the right treatment.

Editx2: I called back and after examination, they decided to give him a crapton of laxatives and see if they could get it to pass through the other end. Hopefully there is a gift wrapped poop tomorrow, or I'll be even more worried. If it doesn't come out that end, and he starts showing signs of distress, they'll have to operate. :(


    Yaaaay! The con is over! Time to get ready for the next one! Sometimes, twitter just cannot contain all the things I want to say about a subject.…

  • Oh wow, I haven't blogged in forever!

    I kind of forget about Livejournal now. It feels so empty that I've joined a bunch of communities, but it's not really helping! Since November,…

  • November is almost over already?!?!

    I've really enjoyed not having anything important to do for a while. I've been cleaning (a little bit), quilting (a lot, but in short bursts), and…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.