May 13th, 2004


In-progress Photos

Ok.. I know Ringo& Mako didn't take any in-progress photos until after the feathers were on. So.. I figured I'd take a few pictures in hopes I'm doing it right.
When I went to Home Depot, the "Big coil" of "3/4 in" copper tubing was 98 dollars. Ow. It WAS 60 yards. But yeah. It looked really thick, and I don't think I need that much XD
I bought some 1/2 in, and bought the 20 ft tube. It was still tough to bend.. so I can't imagine what the 3/4in was like.
My hands are sore, and my arms are bleeding in a few places where stray chicken wires grazed me.. but after a lot of work and struggle last night, I got the copper tubing bent, and the chicken wire & batting on. I also spray painted the batting black. I'm ready to trim& glue feathers.... but I can't yet. I have to figure out the harness. So instead, I'll post photos of before the batting was on both wings, and before they were spray painted. I don't think the batted wing is finished being glued, either.. XD
But, here you go

Makoto, Ringo, please let me know if this looks remotely like what you guys did XD

Also- Loggera is visiting me right now! Yay! :D He's keeping me company and helping me try to figure out the silly harness problem
  • Current Mood
    busy busy